The Malaysian Footwear Manufacturers Association (MFMA) was established in the year 1978. It was primarily formed to look after the interests of the footwear and footwear-related manufacturers. Its membership includes manufacturers of footwear, components, accessories and other supporting industries. It also accommodates other members who are involved in the trading, distribution and sales of footwear through associate membership. It has 468 members as of year 2009 where most of the members are companies located in the states of Selangor, Perak and Johor.
- To improve the competitiveness of the footwear industry
- To improve the quality of the Malaysian- made footwear
- To increase the brand exposure and markets of Malaysian footwear both locally and internationally
- To ensure the long term growth and sustainability of the footwear industry
Vision & Mission
- The Malaysian Footwear Manufacturers Association (MFMA) and the Ministry of Tourism are putting together their efforts in making Malaysia the “Shoe City of the Asia”.
- Malaysia International Shoe Festival (MISF) will be the most targeted international platform for the industry players to showcase, feature and promote their quality footwear to the world.
- Organize trade missions to overseas exhibitions, trade fairs and factory visits.
- Maintain good relationship with other footwear associations in the world through participating in the annual conference of Confederation of International Footwear Association (CIFA). This conference consists of 12 countries namely, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Philippine, Malaysia, Taiwan, Thailand, USA and Vietnam.
- Maintain annual dialog with MITI for issues concerning the shoe industry.
- Organize Malaysia Footwear Design Competition (MFDC) to encourage young talents to join this industry.
- Organize footwear festival and trade fair since 2000 – MISF: Malaysia International Shoe Festival incorporating with a trade fair.
- Participate actively in shoe fairs worldwide:
|Asia Pacific Leather and Footwear Fair||Hong Kong|
|Micam Fair||Milan, Italy|
|Simac Fair||Bologna, Italy|
|Garda Fair||Milan, Italy|
|BIFF Bangkok||Bangkok, Thailand|